Friday, September 4, 2009

Stephanie's Big Selvage Bag

Take a look at this beautiful selvage bag made by Stephanie from Ohio. See the tape measure fabric at the top? And I like the polka dots too. Her selvage strips are so narrow, she fits a lot of selvage action in a small space! And she found a selvage with her name on it too (see below).

Stephanie found these antique bobbins and added the vintage rick-rack. I think they look great. I have some old wooden spools that I plan to wrap with selvage strips. Inspirational decorations for the quilt studio!

Visit Stephanie's blog at: http://loftcreations.blogspot.com/ She has a nice long list of favorite blogs there too.
Don't you love September? I get that "new box of crayons" feeling. I hope you get to savor some wonderful moments this month.

7 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the idea of wrapping your selvedges on the bobbins. I LOVE Fall and just thrilled it's already September. Thank you for sharing my project.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Beautiful bag! I love the "new box of crayons" description of September - too perfect! Mmmmm - love the smell of fall leaves and a new box of crayons! lol
Hugs,
Kerry

Jocelyn said...

Great bag! Looks good and sturdy too.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That bag of Stephanie's is amazing!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

oohhh i like it with lots of white and not so much fabric... quite a different look!

Darlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlee said...

Fall is my favorite time of year and I love the way nature paints the leaves. And I am a fan of selvages, I love the bag, too! Great job! Also, those bobbins add such character to your shelf.