Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Finally, Selvage Fabric!

Christina of A Few Scraps in Portland, OR made this selvage fabric on Spoonflower! Isn't this amazing? The biggest dots are about an inch across. Christina decided to make a smaller version too. You can see both on her blog, and you can purchase this fabric at Spoonflower ($18/yard): large dots, and small dots. I'm liking the busyness of the smaller dots. I've been thinking of this for a long time. Actually doing it is so much better! Yayy, Christina!

Thank you to Lori Kay for the heads up about this new fabric.  :)

12 comments:

Mussipitz said...

just loveley... thanks for the link...

Sue Niven said...

This is such a darling fabric. Thanks for the link.

stufenzumgericht said...

How fun is that, love this fabric! Martina

Patti said...

Brilliant!!

Kim said...

I know I keep saying this but really I am amazed with peoples imaginations!
How fun to see this...thanks Karen.

Happy Sewing

Jean(ie) said...

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

shirley said...

OK...you sucked me in with this one. i just went and ordered a yard of each. such fun. this might be the sashing and binding on the next selvage quilt.

thanks

Char said...

I like it. Great idea!

Jill said...

How fun is that! Still, for me, part of the fun is the hunt for selvage. Have to admit, kudos to her for seeing thru what so many of us have dreamed of creating!!

FabricFascination said...

What a fabulous piece of fabric!

Unknown said...

Yes, I purchased this fabric, received it and love it!! Genius idea!

Cindy Cooksey said...

Brilliant idea!